- Materials used by the teacher first, then placed in the station: really need to work on this
- Materials do not change weekly, but rather changed to reflect the students learning objectives: I like themes and they work well for me (monthly), I think by switching the materials (keeping the skills consistent) help keep the materials fresh, even when working on the same skill for an extended period - this is where I need help!!
- All students go to stations daily: not in the way described in the book
- Materials are differentiated: this is one thing I feel I do well as a special education teacher
- The teacher observes work or meets with differentiated math groups: I need to work on observing more
I have spend the last month organizing all my school materials. It has taken 2 trips with a 10 foot trailer to get them. Lots of trips to Wal-Mart for storage containers! And been very rewarding! The local literacy center has been very appreciative of all the donations I have sent. I am not finished yet, but getting there.
Additional Questions (dont really know how to answer these, as I have not done work stations and currently all my materials are in a storage unit :))
1. How do you (or will you) differentiate your math stations?
2. How and where do you keep your math stations?
3. How do you keep your math materials organized?
Thanks for any feedback. Virginia